Need to avoid foreclosure or eviction?

If you are having trouble making your mortgage payments and are in danger of losing your home, we can help. If you are behind on your rent payments, we can help.

The Credit Counseling Center has helped thousands of families avoid foreclosure, or avoid eviction, and stay in their homes. 

Especially if you’ve received an ACT 91 notification from your lender, call us immediately.   

Foreclosure Success Story

Please note: The longer you wait to resolve your delinquency, the fewer options will be available. We urge you not to delay contacting us to discuss your options.

Or - Get Started Now

A trusted partner in saving your home

When to contact us

Whether you’ve lost your job, are struggling to make ends meet, or are currently delinquent; don’t wait to contact us.

The longer you delay, the more you will owe your lender or landlord.

Why trust CCC?

With 25+ years’ experience, and non-profit with extensive training in foreclosure prevention.

We do not charge for counseling. Our goal is to help you keep your house or apartment.

Can I get help?

The state, county, and even your lender or landlord will want to help you avoid foreclosure and avoid eviction. You can get help.

The sooner you work towards resolving the delinquency the more options you will have.

Certified in Foreclosure Prevention

The Credit Counseling Center is a Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA) and Housing and Urban Development (HUD) approved agency.


Have you received an Act 91 Notice?

Our Certified HEMAP counselors are ready to help you right now. Get help with your Act 91 Notice.

Participating in the Bucks County Mortgage Foreclosure Diversion Program?

MaryBeth McCabe, Esq.

 What you should know about preventing foreclosure or eviction

When you’re behind on your mortgage payments, fear and stress can lead to inaction. But inaction leads to more fees and costly delays in keeping your home or rental situation.

Here are answers to some frequently asked questions. But to get the help you really need, don’t hesitate to contact our Certified Housing & Credit Counselors.

Can I stop Foreclosure on my home?

Yes, There are many programs available to help you stay in your home. Our certified counselors will review all options that work with your financial situation.

Can you help with the ACT 91 or HEMAP process?

Yes. We will prepare the application and submit the initial paperwork to the State for you. Contact us to get the process started. 

To get help with ACT 91 or HEMAP, click here. 

Is there help for homeowners facing possible loss of their homes and foreclosure as a result of the financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic?

Yes, The Pennsylvania Homeowner Assistance Fund, or PAHAF is now available to assist the homeowners.

What is PAHAF?

PAHAF, is a housing-related program funded by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to assist Pennsylvania homeowners facing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic that began after January 21, 2020. These PAHAF funds will be used to provide eligible Pennsylvania homeowners with much-needed assistance to prevent and/or ease mortgage delinquencies, defaults, foreclosures, displacement and utility disconnection.

Does PAHAF offer a grant (which is a sum of money that does not have to be paid back)?

Yes, Homeowners can apply for a grant which may be used to pay a mortgage default, pay delinquent utilities, delinquent taxes, and other related costs.

How many months Delinquent do I need to be to get help?

If you have missed even one payment or anticipate missing a payment, it is time to talk to a professional. Know your rights and options to save you home. The earlier you take action the more likely you are to avoid foreclosure.

If counseling services are free, how does CCC get paid?

The Credit Counseling Center foreclosure services are subsidized by PHFA.

What is a loan Modification?

It is an agreement between you and your mortgage company to change the original terms of your mortgage.

Do you help with Loan Modification?

Yes. We will help you apply for a loan modification with your lender and will continue working with you and the lender until a resolution is found.

What is a Forbearance Agreement?

Forbearance is a temporary postponement of mortgage payments granted by the lender or creditor in lieu of forcing a property into foreclosure. Forbearance is not forgiveness. Eventually you will have to repay the past due balance on your mortgage.

Is there any state aid available?

Yes. There is assistance provided to delinquent homeowners in PA called Act 91 or HEMAP  (Homeowners’ Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program) that provides assistance to homeowners so they can keep their home.

We can help you identify if you are eligible to receive this aid.
Contact us now.

Is there help from Bucks County to Stop Foreclosure?

Yes, Fortunately Bucks County offers a mediation conference with the lender and the homeowner to work out a plan so you can stay in your home called The Bucks County Mortgage Foreclosure Diversion Program. We offer the preparation for that meeting and will attend the conference with you to advocate on your behalf.

Are there other options to stop foreclosure and help me stay in my home?

Yes. Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure, Repayment Agreement, Short Sale, Mortgage Loan Reinstatement.

Can I stop an Eviction?

Yes, Currently there are programs available that will help you and your landlord work out an agreement to keep you in your apartment.

Can I get financial help?

Yes, There are local funds available to help, if you qualify. We also work with legal aid to help prevention eviction.
Our trained counselors are knowledgeable of all these options and will review which program best fits your financial situation and more importantly work with you for however long it takes to keep you in your home or rental.





Get help avoiding foreclosure or eviction today

Our counselors are prepared to help you avoid foreclosure or eviction. Contact us today before it’s too late.