Debt can be a dark cloud that follows you around. It’s there when you wake up in the middle of the night. It’s with you at work. It makes you fearful to answer the phone, worrying that it might be a bill collector on the other end of the line. You’re afraid to go to the mailbox.
Take a deep breath, swallow hard, and then honestly answer the questions below. The good news is – we can help you pay down your debt and make a fresh start. Call us today to schedule a session with the Credit Counseling Center. We can help!
- Do you argue about money at home? Court records show that financial problems are a leading cause of divorce.
- Do you hide purchases so that your spouse doesn’t know about them? That’s called financial infidelity.
- Do you have savings? Many people have a savings account. Some even make deposits into it. But, they pull the money right back out. When you’re living without a savings account, you are flying without a safety net.
- Do you charge things that you used to pay cash for, even the smallest purchases? This signals that you don’t have the money.
- Do you make only the minimum payment each month on your credit cards? Even worse, do you think that you’re financially stable for having done so? If so, you’re the credit card company’s dream customer, as they’re making a nice profit off of you each month.
- Do you rob Peter to pay Paul? “Can I pay my Visa with my Master Card?” is only funny on a bumper sticker.
- Do you use balance transfers to obtain a lower interest rate, and since the rate is so low, continue charging? Moving money around isn’t the same as becoming debt free.
- Do you open new lines of credit when you’re near the credit limit on existing cards? This signals that you’re living off of credit, and the last thing you need is another card.
- Do you skip payments or pay your bills late each month? If so, you’re throwing good money out the window. Late fees and interest only add to your balance. Get organized, move your due dates, set up automatic bill paying, do whatever it takes to pay on time every time.
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, it’s time to take an honest look at your financial situation. Do so today, as there is nothing to be gained by delaying. Call us and make that appointment 215-348-8003! It will be the best call that you’ve made!